Seven Great Reasons To Use Bergamot Oil
Essential oils are very versatile and can be used in soaps, perfumes, and cosmetic products. They also help flavor food and drinks. Bergamot oil, just like other essential oils, has its own unique scope of uses that can add to our quality of life – if we include it into our daily usage. Below you’ll find a few great reasons to go for bergamot oil, and we bet you won’t regret it!
- Balances hormones. Bergamot oil helps regulate the endocrine gland, which is responsible for the production of various hormones like insulin and reproductive hormones. It would be great to use it in your oil diffuser or add to your bath in case you have hormonal imbalance.
- Aids in skin care. Thanks to its antimicrobial and healing properties, bergamot oil reduces blemishes and scars, tackles acne and, erases marks on the skin. Simply mix five drops of bergamot oil with a tablespoon of coconut oil and apply the mixture to the affected skin areas. You’ll see improvement quickly!
- Relieves chest congestion. One of the great reasons to use bergamot oil is that it helps ease respiratory difficulties that arise from seasonal colds and coughs. If your respiratory system is seeking for help, just mix five drops each of bergamot oil and eucalyptus oil, and use it in a diffuser. It is best to keep it on in the evenings, just before you settle for bed. As another option for application, you can add three or four drops of the bergamot oil into a teaspoon of olive oil and rub a few drops of this mixture into the chest area (again, this will work best during your sleep time).
- Improves digestion. Bergamot oil aids in stimulating the secretion of special enzymes that improve digestion and nutrient absorption. Rubbing two to three drops of bergamot oil mixed in a teaspoon of the carrier oil of your choice on the stomach helps to achieve this soothing effect. It is also useful for those who lack appetite.
- Acts as an antidepressant. This oil has a long history of being used as an antidepressant. It does not only bring your mood high up and enlivens your attitude to life, but it also boosts energy and aids in easy metabolic processes as well. Rubbing a few drops of bergamot oil on the palm and inhaling it deeply can leave you in the highest of your spirits!
- Reduces fever. Bergamot oil reduces fever by increasing the sweating processes within your body. This is done by stimulating the circulation of blood and production of hormones. The sweat that comes out of the body actually helps to expel some toxins as well.
- Ensures improved dental care. The well-known antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties of bergamot oil are another reason to use it, and we are talking about dental care. Mixing two drops of bergamot oil in a pea-sized amount of your toothpaste will add natural power to your oral hygiene. It helps to prevent cavities and reduce tooth pain.