The Amazing Health Benefits of Mangoes
What is a mango?
The mango is known as a true superfood! Besides having a sweet, luscious taste, mangoes are also loaded with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. They have also been named as the most widely eaten fruit in the world, and have an array of health benefits.
Mangoes, which originated in Asia, was introduced to parts of Africa and Brazil by the intrepid Portuguese explorers, and eventually around 1880, to California, Hawaii, and Florida.
For many years the mango has been used as a natural solution for digestive problems, thanks to the presence of certain enzymes which have stomach soothing properties. Because of the popularity of mangoes, many food manufacturers have introduced mango extract into jellies, jams, spices, and marinades, which greatly adds to the flavour –and simultaneously provides unexpected health benefits.
YOU MAY LIKE: You Can Make This Dairy-Free Mango Ice Cream In A Couple Of Minutes Video
The nutritional profile of the mango
Research has shown that the mango is simply a powerhouse of nutritional value. Here are some of the nutrients which make mangoes so special and beneficial to your health.
- Low in cholesterol, saturated fat, and sodium.
- An excellent source of dietary fiber.
- High in vitamins B6, A, and C.
- Also contains good levels of vitamin E, K, folic acid, and niacin.
- Rich in minerals like potassium, magnesium and copper.
- Trace minerals also present are calcium, iron, and selenium.
- Powerful antioxidants which neutralize dangerous free radicals which harm the body.
The compounds in mangoes help to main overall health and well-being.
Continue to Page 2